March 14, 2012 7:00 am
The Mobile, Search and Renters study from Apartment Finder, revealed that 97 percent of apartment seekers who used a mobile device in their search process considered it a valuable tool, with 48 percent asserting it as “essential” and 49 percent stating it as “helpful.” The national study of over 1,500 renters also reveals that mobile leads convert, as 73 percent of mobile device users contacted someone to view an apartment based on their search. The growth potential in mobile search usage is significant, with 85 percent of non-users stating they’d consider using a mobile device in their next apartment search.
The Apartment Finder Mobile Renters study found that the activities conducted most often from a mobile device were:
• 72 percent viewed photos and videos of apartments
• 68 percent found details, price, description, amenities and contact information
• 59 percent searched by city
• 53 percent inquired for more information about an apartment community
• 45 percent located an apartment community with GPS
• 36 percent downloaded an apartment search app
• 24 percent shared listing information with friends and family
Apartment Finder offers a suite of mobile marketing tools to help apartment communities reach renters on the go through a mobile-enabled website, ApartmentFinder.com, free integrated iPhone and Android applications, QR codes and text codes. These digital options help connect advertisers with apartment seekers with greater speed and convenience than ever before.
Published with permission from RISMedia.