Made the decision to move? Congratulations! You’re one step closer to living in the home of your dreams. Make your move go as smoothly as possible by following this checklist, mapped out in timeline format by the experts at Roadway Moving.
60 Days Before You Move…
• Start strategically planning your move, step-by-step, to alleviate the stress of last-minute packing and planning.
• Think about holding a garage sale before your move to help reduce the amount of stuff you bring into your new home.
30 Days Before You Move…
• Check-in with your mover regarding details for move-in day.
• Confirm with your moving company that they will be able to connect or disconnect cable, Internet, electric and any additional services you're using.
• Begin packing and develop an unpacking plan for move-in day.
2 Weeks Before You Move…
• Clear out any rooms in your house that haven't been emptied yet.
• Collect all of your most valuable belongings, such as jewelry, and keep them separate from the rest of your packed items.
On Move-In Day…
• Compile a list of items you’ll need for your first night in your new home, such as bottled water, snacks, towels and toilet paper.
• Take inventory of all boxes that were picked up and delivered to your new home, making sure everything is there before the movers leave.
Source: Roadway Moving
Published with permission from RISMedia.